We are currently soliciting self-nominations from our student membership to join the Student Committee for our 2020 and 2021 annual meetings. We have three positions to fill this year, replacing three outgoing members.
To self-nominate, please complete the self-nomination form by September 27, 2019.
Appointees will be notified by October 14, 2019.
The Student Committee (SC) supports WSN’s annual meetings by planning and executing meeting events. We work closely with the Secretariat and Executive Committee, and facilitate communication between the WSN membership and the society’s governance.
We currently organize the:
- Thursday Workshop
- Student Symposium
- Merchandise (to raise funds for student committee activities)
- Gala entertainment
- Silent & live auctions (to raise money for student travel)
- Social media accounts
We consist of six committee members who:
- Represent different institutions and programs from across our membership
- Are either graduate students serving for two-year terms or undergraduates serving for a minimum one-year term
To self-nominate, you must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time or part-time student during your tenure on the committee
- Have previously attended one WSN conference
- Be able to work remotely and stay connected with committee via email and monthly video conference calls
- Be passionate about WSN meetings and want to help them succeed
- Commit to attending annual meetings in their entirety (Th – Sun) during your time on the committee and be available to assist with any and all SC duties during the meeting
Joining the SC provides you with:
- A great professional service for your CV
- Networking opportunities with colleagues from different institutions
- Experience in long-term project management
- Complimentary registration & lodging for annual meetings
Please email the student committee chair, Amelia, at email@example.com if you have any questions about the student committee or how to self-nominate.